The world’s prime thought-leadership symposium on ICT-driven innovation debating development roadmaps and strategic goals set by public and private organizations worldwide for the year 2020.
The Sustainability Summit calls to action policy makers and industry leaders from around the world to define modernization roadmaps across key sectors in light of the sustainable development goals set for today’s digital society and global economy.
Prime annual appointment of a highly influential and forward-thinking community, the Abu Dhabi Summit takes place under the Patronage of H.H. Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed al Nahyan, with the endorsement of the European Commission. Hosted by Wise Media, its two-day conference agenda is endorsed by the Emirates Identity Authority and Abu Dhabi Police.
Sustainability Summit 2015: Abu Dhabi (UAE), September 14 and 15
The Sustainability Summit 2015 conference program will feature the Future Cities initiative and the ID WORLD Abu Dhabi conferences, with Finance Transparency Forum and the Global Migration Summit as key working groups for 2015. The Call for Papers is open: candidate speakers are invited to contact the Organizers and submit complete speaker applications. Call for Papers expires on June 22
- New Frontiers of Digitization (Big Data; artificial intelligence; predictive models; automatic processing, trading and control; ubiquitous connectivity)
- Digital Identity of the Consumer (Profiling audiences and users; social media; consumerization; universal customisation; analytical tools; new business models)
- Next Generation Mobile Applications (online security and authentication, mServices, mCommerce, advanced contactless solutions, developments in near field communications)
- Banking and Transactions (cashless society, finance transparency, secure identification in payments, mobile money, trust models, innovative auto ID programs for payments and entitlement)
- Government Planning (Population statistics; National registration and databases, government-issued IDs; secure identity authentication; cross-border migration)
- Citizen-centric Services (digital inclusion and secure credentialing for eGovernment, healthcare, education, labor social relief and financial inclusion programs; postal services)
- Border Control and Transportation Security (facilitating trade and travel, global migration, hub security, eGates, passenger control, baggage screening, immigration/visitor monitoring, shipping and cargo security)
- Urban Security and Efficiency (smart buildings, industrial and corporate security, stadium and infrastructure security, monitoring and controlling public areas, video surveillance, urban mobility, ticketing and fare collection)
- IoT and Asset Tracking (unique identification and traceability, object-to-object communications, industrial automation, smart supply chains, inventory management, maintenance, real-time location systems)
- Product Security and Anti-Counterfeiting (transparency and accountability, fighting illicit trade, endeavors to protect authenticity from secure documents to pharmaceuticals and luxury goods, securing ID documents)
- Advanced Technologies (cards, biometrics, data collection, RFID, RTLS, NFC)
- Hot Vertical Markets (energy & resources; travel & transport, healthcare & pharma, banking & finance, postal & supply chains, retail & distribution)
- Sustainable Development Roadmaps (Public and private sector initiatives; Strengthening regulations; Design for sustainability; The ROI of sustainable development)
Ministers of 7 countries attend Sustainability Summit 2014
The Secretary General of Interpol, government ministers from seven different countries, high profile representatives of the United Nations and the European Commission participated in Wise Media’s seventh Abu Dhabi Summit, meeting with technology experts and decision makers from public and private sector organizations. Endorsed by the European Commission, the event was hosted in the Emirati capital under the patronage of the UAE Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior on February 24 – 25 in the prestigious government venue of the ECSSR.
The Secretary General of Interpol, the UN Inter-Regional Adviser and the Director General Home Affairs of the European Commission cut the ribbon with Sophie Boyer de la Giroday, President Wise Media.
His Highness Lieutenant General Sheik Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan offered the Summit’s opening remarks and participated in policy makers meetings before visiting the exhibition on February 25. Ministerial meetings were held on February 23 and 24. Top representatives of international organizations and world-class technology experts contributed to a rich agenda of proceedings and exclusive meetings. The agenda featured Future Cities and ID WORLD Abu Dhabi conferences, Postal Innovation and Global Migration Summit programs.
The Abu Dhabi Summit highlighted today’s strategic initiatives and technology-driven projects fostering societal and economic development in light of the digital revolution. Meetings were held to secure international collaboration and activate public-private partnerships, the objective being to define new policies, resources and programs for sustainable development.
About the Sustainability Summit
The world’s prime independent forum on the development roadmaps and strategic goals set by public and private organizations worldwide for the year 2020.
Since 2009, the Sustainability Summit caters for a globe-spanning and high-profile audience of policy and decision makers in the public and private sectors. Its activities are carried out via dedicated Working Groups since 2010, with the support of governments and public authorities in the different continents. Its objective is to activate global debate and connect the relevant counterparts, to chart a roadmap for sustainable development to 2015 and beyond.
Endorsed by the European Commission, the Sustainability Summit is a global initiative, with international events held under the Patronage of governments and ministries in the hosting regions, developing a global roadmap of activities throughout the different continents. It engages a world-class community via dedicated chapters organized as Working Groups, addressing challenges and opportunities faced within key industry sectors.
Working Groups focusing on strategic areas of investigation
Dedicated Working Groups have been active within the Sustainability Summit since the year of its foundation, with the objective of designing a roadmap of activities to be carried out in parallel by focused task forces. Ever since then, these Working Groups have been engaged on a global scale to debate issues and opportunities of sustainable development in the context of Future Cities, Electronics Systems and Components (SEM), Design & Manufacturing, Supply Chains, Infrastructures Operation & Resilience, as well as Resource Management and most lately Finance Transparency. Offering a live dimension to the debate and an exchange platform connecting key policy and decision makers, a series of international forums was established, such as forums centered on the topic areas of Automotive Innovation and Aero Innovation.
Summit 2020: a vision for sustainable development
The Sustainability Summit was hosted for the first time in 2009, with a first series of conferences that led to the creation of the Working Groups that define its organization since 2010. Over the years, these looked into the goals progressively set by governments and private institutions worldwide within their year 2020 agendas, focusing on the key areas of societal change to refine a vision for sustainable development. By now, the community engages a broader and ever more influential basis of advocates from the public and private sectors. On the occasion of the World Expo taking place in Milan, a key forum is hosted for their key representatives in Milan in May. The event will synthesize the results of five years of relentless, global investigation and set the roadmap of activities for the years to come. Mid-term results of activities will be shared, looking ahead towards the year of the World Expo in Dubai, when the Sustainability Summit will complete its decade-long journey, reporting on the milestones met and the lessons learned while collectively contributing to an effort for comprehensive and lasting societal progress. To learn more about the mission of the Sustainability Summit, visit www.summit2020.com.