ID WORLD Abu Dhabi 2015 – the event’s Technical Committee began reviewing candidate speaker proposals on June 1 for the eighth EMEA conference on security, mobility and traceability. Special interest working groups are currently being formed.
Bringing together leading technology experts, system integrators and decision makers from both the public and the private sectors, ID WORLD Abu Dhabi engages the ID Community in building a comprehensive vision on the strategic role of identification within the context of ICT infrastructure modernization. The conference offers a platform for high-profile networking and cross-fertilization, in view of the design and deployment of innovative projects from across the region and worldwide.
ID WORLD Abu Dhabi 2015 opens its doors on September 14-15 at Wise Media’s Abu Dhabi Summit on sustainable development. The event takes place under the patronage of UAE Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, H.H. Sheik Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan and is endorsed by the European Commission and the Emirates Identity Authority. ID WORLD Abu Dhabi will be hosted once again by the prestigious and highly influential government organization, the Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR).
FOCUS TOPICS FOR 2015
ID WORLD Abu Dhabi 2015: debating identification in all its aspects. The conference will elaborate on all ID Technologies, all ID applications, with a global and regional focus. The year’s focus is on the following topics:
- Government-driven ID Projects Worldwide (National registration and databases, government-issued IDs from National IDs to ePassports, driver’s licenses, visas and residence permits)
- Citizen-centric Services (digital inclusion and secure credentialing for eGovernment, healthcare, education, labor social relief and financial inclusion programs; postal services)
- New Frontiers of Digitization (Big Data; artificial intelligence; predictive models; automatic processing, trading and control; ubiquitous connectivity)
- Digital Identity of the Consumer (Profiling audiences and users; social media; consumerization; universal customisation; analytical tools; new business models)
- Border Control and Transportation Security (facilitating trade and travel, global migration, hub security, eGates, passenger control, baggage screening, immigration/visitor monitoring, shipping and cargo security)
- Urban Security and Efficiency (smart buildings, industrial and corporate security, stadium and infrastructure security, monitoring and controlling public areas, video surveillance, urban mobility, ticketing and fare collection)
- IoT and Asset Tracking (unique identification and traceability, object-to-object communications, industrial automation, smart supply chains, inventory management, maintenance, real-time location systems)
- Product Security and Anti-Counterfeiting (transparency and accountability, fighting illicit trade, endeavors to protect authenticity from secure documents to pharmaceuticals and luxury goods, securing ID documents)
- Next Generation Mobile Applications (online security and authentication, mServices, mCommerce, advanced contactless solutions, developments in near field communications)
- Banking and Transactions (cashless society, finance transparency, secure identification in payments, mobile money, trust models, innovative auto ID programs for payments and entitlement)
- Advanced Technologies (cards, biometrics, data collection, RFID, RTLS, NFC)
- Hot Vertical Markets (travel & transport, healthcare & pharma, banking & finance, postal & supply chains, retail & distribution)
- Sustainable Development Roadmaps (Public and private sector initiatives; Strengthening regulations; Design for sustainability; The ROI of sustainable development)
Call for Papers ID WORLD Abu Dhabi
All individuals with significant professional experience in research, development, manufacturing, system integration, consulting, market analysis, or management within companies or organizations active in the fields of identity management, RFID, biometrics, smart cards, AIDC, GPS, RTLS or their applications, are invited to submit an abstract that will be evaluated by the Advisory Board. Acknowledgement will be provided on receipt of every abstract. Please note that only complete applications will be forwarded to the Advisory Board and that the deadline for submissions was June 1. The Technical Committee is now reviewing proposals.
Companies and individuals interested in submitting abstracts for consideration must ensure their proposed contributions are original, pertinent, previously unpublished and submitted in English. Abstracts are evaluated on the basis of content, originality, topicality, clarity and caliber of the speaker.
Abstracts should reflect the scope of the event, which is the diffusion of high level information and know-how regarding state-of-the-art technologies in the different segments of automatic identification and its applications. Please note that in the selection process, case histories and end-user presentations will be favored. Multiple applications by the same company/speaker are allowed. The congress aims to be an informative event: as such, commercial presentations will be rejected.
In order for their application(s) to be evaluated, candidate speakers are to provide the following data in a single communication via mail or email to the conference organizers:
• Author’s name
• Author’s company/organization and position
• Author’s short bio/CV (narrative form, approx. 200 words)
• Author’s portrait (high resolution, 300 dpi)
• Author’s full contact details (address, email, telephone, fax)
• Title of the presentation (max. 15 words)
• Abstract of the presentation (min 200 words, max 300 words)
• Focus topic(s) related to the presentation
When responding to the Call for Papers, please note that each abstract for speaker candidacy is to be communicated with a full, separate application per above-mentioned specifications.
The official language of the event is English. Speaker policies apply. Full presentations or narrative versions of the speech must be submitted within event production deadlines communicated, for review by the conference team before publication. Selected speakers need to register as conference delegates in order to accept the speaking slot. A discounted fee applies per speaker registration form.